I know I’m a bit early for Christmas, but the fast approaching holiday season has me thinking about gift giving. In honor of just receiving my first Black Friday spam e-mail, I thought I’d share with you all the current inexpensive best sellers ($20 or under) in bicycle accessories. Just think of it as an excuse to call yourself extra prepared in doing some early shopping!
According to amazon.com, these items are the best rated and most bought bike accessories for 2016.
1. Master Lock 8143D Self Coiling Cable Lock: This cable lock is the top seller in its category for bicycle protection. At only $5.98, this lock brags a flexible steel cable and a keyless lock. Furthermore, at 4 feet long, it can secure your bike to almost anything while out and about. The ease of this product is what makes it appealing. Michelle Bourgeois, an Amazon reviewer, wrote, “I purchased a more expensive, larger U frame lock first, thinking we’d be biking in places where added security would be nice. Turns out, the weight and heft of the larger locks was too much to want to worry about. This master lock works perfectly and size wise could not get any better. I fit this lock, my cell phone and a hand bike pump all in my small saddle frame pouch. I also often lock two bikes up with this lock so length wise it is great.”
2. Rechargeable LED Front Flashlight with 360 Rotary Holder & Rear Safety Light: This highly reviewed accessory priced at $19.99 is water resistant, has 4 flash features, is easy to install, and has an extremely long run time. The flashlight is small but can last for 70 hours after recharging with a port. In the comment section, Edlyn Schwartz reviews, “This product captivates my attention because we’ll made and quality design. I really love biking for my exercise and that’s why it’s very important for me to have this LED flashlight… [It has] a super bright LED Front flashlight that’s is very secure to use because I don’t need to hold it and a bike handle mount which makes it vibrant and easy to attach on my bike and hold it firmly. This product is quality made because even if it’s small it provides a great projection distance. And it’s a great protection for me during at night time.”
3. Super Bright Bike Rim Lights: This fun item lights up your bike in the dark making it trendy and safe. These LED lights come in five different colors and are easy to install (no tools required). At only $9.99, it’s a surefire way to accessorize your bicycle on a budget. These lights stay on for 50+ hours, flash for over 100, and are water resistant. Kelly on Amazon said, “Really cool lights! I got lots of compliments on these. It’s a pretty straight forward install, battery pack goes on wheel hub with cable ties. I kept the wire coiled up and just unrolled as needed as I wound the clear lead wire a couple times down one spoke to the rim, then weaved the coil through the spokes and wrapped it once around every third spoke at the rim. Length worked out just right for a 26 in. rim.”
4. Taotronics Bike Phone Mount: With how often cyclists are now using their phones, this bike phone mount is a handy accessory to attach to your ride. It has a non-slip rubber grip that secures your phone in place in case of any sharp turns or falls. It’s easy to install, it rotates all the way around, and has a one-button release. Also, it’s only $13.99. I often map my ride and would find this little gadget extremely handy. Ciao Bella from Amazon agrees and added, “I go on a lot of bike rides and my phone is always trying to slip out of my pocket, so I started to just leave my phone at home. Now that I have this I am able to have my phone with me during my long bike rides.”
5. Vibrelli Mini Bike Pump: Finally, I’m featuring this little bike pump that’s highly reviewed and selling for $19.97. The perks of this handy little device include easy switching from high volume to high pressure, no leaking, and secure attaching. It also fits both Presta and Schrader valves meaning no valve change is necessary. JLPotts on Amazon commented, “I purchased this pump to replace a Topeka mini turbo I used for a couple of years until it developed a leak. The overall length of the Vibrelli was shorter than the Topeka which made it fit on my 2014 Specialized Camber Comp Carbon better. I like how the pump extends for low pressure inflation and I also like the little detent that holds it into place when mounted in the holder on the side of the bike. I got to use it for the first time the other day after burping my front tire. Extended the telescope and within about a minutes of pumping inflated my front tire back up to a rideable pressure and continued my ride. This is a great product at a great price and a must have for any mountain biker. It could potentially turn a bad day on trail into an awesome one.”
So there you have it! If you have bicycle loving friends or are just wanting to get yourself a little early Christmas gift, here are the top five best seller bike accessories under $20. Happy shopping!